RSS

Pages

Baby Abel's born!

Baby Abel was born TODAY, at a time we least expected...

Yes yes, I was very unexpected myself as our visit to gynae just yesterday, Sat, baby still not engaged yet and neither was I dilated. No show, no cramps, no water break.

Guess what, at 2 am this morning about 3 hrs after I went to bed, I had contractions which I thought was bad tummy ache coz the day before eating rubbish food. Go toilet nothing. Went back to bed tossed and turn and the cramps in the lower abdomen kept coming at closer interval. Woke Daddy up but we thought just sleep abit more coz it might be a false alarm.

3 am Felt it was really contraction and was at interval about 5 min so woke up and packed hospital bag. Daddy showered and I washed up. Had a milo and headed for hospital after waking ILs up to take care of Keziah who was thankfully still sleeping.

4 am At TMC observation room and got hooked on CTG. Contracting and cervix was already 4-5cm dilated. Haha..so funny registry also thought it might be a false alarm and asked Daddy to not to register and wait in the waiting rm for something like 20min. Nurse who was tending to me came out and asked Daddy why he still not registered. Meanwhile, I cleared my bowels and went straight to delivery suite where I waited some time before Daddy came to join me.

About 6 am gyne came to burst the waterbag and the contraction seemed to get more intense. Asked for the gas. About 6.30am, I had too much gas until "giddy" and somehow lost in space as the pain was coming in intense spurts. Time to push...and I was screaming my head off as the gas wore off. After two to three pushes, baby was out at 0701am.

Here's our little one...




7 comments:

Mummy N said...

:)
Congratulations!!

You know, just minutes before we received your husband's sms, I was asking Chris if you had delivered because it was time.

haha

iemuhs said...

Congratulations, Joan, and Abel, welcome to the world! He's a capricorn baby, just like me!
He looks like you leh! Rest well and take care! Hope to see him and Keziah one day, prob we should meet up. :) when you are better, of course.

iemuhs said...

When will you be discharged? And where's your hospital? Might pay you a visit, or maybe drop by your place, if you are ok. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!

What is keziah respond when she saw di di?
Is she extreme curious and can't wait to carry di di?

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!

What is keziah respond when she saw di di?
Is she extreme curious and can't wait to carry di di?

Joanie said...

Thanks for all your well wishes..am home now with the little one. Of coz, u guys are welcome. Juz give me a ring but dun expect to be looking pretty when u come ya! Heehee...

Ah Wen, K's definitely curious and thank God she loves her little brother. Can't wait to hug and carry him. A bit overhyper now..

Anonymous said...

hey gratz! abit tied up at school now, but should be popping by some time. will give u a buzz!

take care, have more rest, and let keziah play with her little brother! :)