RSS

Pages

Catching up with Old Friends

Last night, I had the opportunity to catch up over dinner with two good old days girlfriends from Secondary school days while Daddy babysit the little one. We gone our ways for JCs and uni but once again we are working under the same big boss at different locations. With one, I shared the first cold depressive winter when we were overseas for first year uni as homesick students. It's back to the old jittery chattery like young school girls as we reminiscenced the times and talked about life now, with me and another married, one other happily single. We talked and talked till the restaurant kindly informed us that they were closing. Think we were the last customers to leave.

Haha...they were commenting I am such a slim preggy and can model to inspire the married ones to have kids, with no fear of losing your figure! Nearly fell off my chair... Probably, they had seen me during my first year uni days when I really put on 10 kg, but the weight spread all over and not concentrated in nourishing the right spot!

For the single, it's happily enjoying life exploring all kinds of things while for the married, it's a new phase of life, living with a person at such close proximity rather differently from courtship days. It's just interesting to know she had such great fear of living with IL (they are on their own renting now while waiting for their new flat to be ready) but guess it's really the personality. This didn't really strike me so much probably when I married coz I was brought up together with my paternal grandma. I think with the many things happening recently and me getting depressive (must be hormonal coz it happened in the earlier pregnancy where I become ever so needy), it's good to close one eye or even two when living together coz everyone has a different upbringing. Like a colleague/friend who was sharing with me, in time to come, we will all appreciate each other. It's just a matter of time. Sometimes, men who don't go through this 9 mth process just won't understand and think we women are just raving and ranting like an immature baby. Guess God did create man and woman differently.

A silly quote from me: Man from Mars and Woman from Venus. Together they make Earth when collision occurs...haha....

Now looking forward to catch up with another group of Secondary school friends from my CCA next week when our Thai pal pops by for a visit. Friendship is really about keeping up, especially now we rarely meet people these days coz we have so much other engagement: boyfriends, families, work....

0 comments: