RSS

Pages

Where am I in my WALK with the LORD?

Proverbs 4:20-27
20 My son, pay attention to what I say;
listen closely to my words.

21 Do not let them out of your sight,
keep them within your heart;

22 for they are life to those who find them
and health to a man's whole body.

23 Above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life.

24 Put away perversity from your mouth;
keep corrupt talk far from your lips.

25 Let your eyes look straight ahead,
fix your gaze directly before you.

26 Make level [a] paths for your feet
and take only ways that are firm.

27 Do not swerve to the right or the left;
keep your foot from evil.

Today while doing my quiet time with the Lord, I am reminded to really evaluate myself how I have been walking with Him. Since the birth of Keziah, I have been so ever tired and somehow spiritually I find myself rather aloft. This is certainly a strong calling amidst all trials and testing, be it physically, mentally and spiritually, to watch our ways. Are we close to the Lord?

Extracted from Our Daily Bread: Spiritual Checkup
Ears (v.20): Are we hearing God’s Word clearly and with understanding? Are we doing what those words tell us?

Eyes (vv.21,25): Are we keeping our eyes on the teachings that will guide us toward righteousness?

Heart (v.23): Are we protecting our heart from evil?

Tongue (v.24): Is our mouth clean and pure?

Feet (v.26): Are we walking straight toward God’s truth without wavering?

Hope it encourages my friends out there too!

0 comments: